Terms and Conditions
When you access nyopce.com, use any functionality or tool, or access information on or through nyopce.com, you are agreeing to accept and adhere to the policies and legal disclaimers set forth below.
- Limitation of Liability
- Links to Other Sites
- Community Policy / Member Agreement
There are sections of nyopce.com that are password protected and require individuals to register and log-in. We value the privacy of our online community members and provide website users with the right to manage their own personal information. When you create an account on the New York Obesity Prevention Center for Excellence (OPCE) website, we collect the following information:
Affiliation with CHSC Grant
Affiliated CHSC Grantee Lead Organization
Areas of Expertise
Prior Grant Experience
This information can only be viewed by other people who create a member profile. We will never sell, use, disclose or share your name or personally identifiable information (such as email address) (such as email address) with any party other than OPCE and the New York State Department of Health. We will only use your email address to contact you on behalf of OPCE.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data provided to us are stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any personal information will be password-protected behind an authentication system, and all passwords are stored using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), which is a specification for the encryption of electronic data established by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Contact us for more information related to the privacy of the information you provide online.
The Obesity Prevention Center for Excellence website provides information, consultation, and technical resources to grantees working to build a healthier future for children and families. This site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before beginning any new treatment, exercise, or nutrition regimen. If you are ill or need immediate medical care, please contact your health care provider or, in an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest medical facility.
OPCE will attempt to keep the information available through its website current and accurate, but makes no guarantees and disclaims any implied warranty or representation about its accuracy, relevance, timeliness, completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose. Information on this website may be updated at any time and without notice. Reliance on any information provided on or through this site is solely at your own risk. You assume full responsibility for using the information.
We disclaim all responsibility related to the content posted by third parties to the full extent allowed by applicable laws. These third party comments may include inaccurate and false information and are not an endorsement by OPCE of any products, programs, or services referenced by third parties.
Limitation of Liability
By using the OPCE website, users hereby agree to release OPCE, JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (the operator of this site), the New York State Department of Health (the funder of this website), and all of their affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, and employees from any and all liability in connection with use of the OPCE website and the use of any and all content, images, or videos posted on the site. In no event, shall any of the above parties be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from any loss of use, loss of profits, litigation, or any other pecuniary loss, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with this website or the provision of or failure to make available such products, goods, or services, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Links to Other Sites
For your interest and convenience, we and/or our users may provide links from nyopce.com to other websites. The links are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute or imply that OPCE endorses these sites, any material or information contained therein, or of any products or services described on these sites.
Our cookies are anonymous, containing no information that can identify you personally. By using this site you agree to the placement of cookies on your computer. If you do not wish to accept cookies from this site please either disable cookies or refrain from using this site.
Community Policy/Member Agreement
Users will need to review and agree to abide by the membership agreement prior to creating a Web site profile.
Welcome to the Obesity Prevention Center for Excellence (OPCE) online community. This online community provides a forum to connect, engage in dialogue, share knowledge and resources, collaborate, address challenges, and learn from one another so that we may achieve a vision of building a healthier future for children and families.
We want this community to be a safe, respectful, welcoming place for all members to comfortably share, connect, collaborate, and learn together. In this spirit, we expect all members to be polite and respectful in their interactions with others and to refrain from personal attacks.
What to Do
To ensure that this online community is a safe, respectful place for others to learn and explore:
- Review posted comments before posting a reaction or response.
- Remember to “humanize” your written comments, since body language is absent.
- Carefully choose your language or use emoticons.
- Be tactful and mindful of your tone – it is easy to misinterpret intent online.
- To protect your own privacy, and the privacy of others, please do not include any medical, personal, or confidential information, including phone numbers or e-mail addresses, in the body of your online communications.
- If you find inappropriate content on this site, please notify an administrator immediately.
What Not to Do
- Post material that infringes on or violates the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by the Healthy Start EPIC Center in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than Healthy Start EPIC Center
This is a moderated site – we will review all comments after they are posted. We expect that participants will treat each other with mutual respect, but OPCE reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal, disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to this Member Agreement.
- Remove communications that we determine at our sole discretion to be off-topic or inappropriately promoting services or products.
- Terminate a user’s member profile upon any breach of this Member Agreement.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the community features, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Any content or image, including video, that you post on this site is public and could be redistributed or copied from this site.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify OPCE against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs, or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.